Feb 22, 2010

Finally some good news!!!

Well, actually I'll start with the bad stuff first... Seth came home from school Tuesday with a slight fever around 100.4 I believe, that night he was up vomiting. He continued to run his fever for the next couple of days and had a noticable cough that had began as him clearing his throat and had now turned into a productive cough. Anyway to make a long story short we already had an appointment for Friday at the CF clinic so we talked with the on call Dr and decided to just wait until then to be seen. By Friday Seth's fever was gone and we were ready for the big weigh in!!!! Keep in mind he had had about two weeks of over night feedings and the results were amazing, he had gained 5lbs in that short period of time. I have been trying for atleast a year and a half to do that but just could not. This brought his BMI up from 8% to.... are you ready... 66%!!!! I just sat there with my mouth hung open, I almost couldn't believe it. I knew it was going to be good news because I could see the wieght in his face and chest but I never imagined it would make that kind of a difference so quickly. The only minor concern was that his PFT's were down from 106 to 95 due to some mucus in his lower lobe. The Dr felt like this was mostly due to his missing some vest treatments right after the surgery and of course his not wanting to cough because of the pain. We  are sticking to 3 treatments a day and an oral antibiotics and that should do it. Thank you all so much for your prayers and comments this has been a very difficult time for us but hopefully we can now focus on t-ball coming up and hitting the beach!

No comments: