Sep 8, 2009

Tiger II Study

Well we were all on board to do the Tiger II study but now I think we might have to back out. Seth was set to go on the 22nd of Sept for his official evaluation and would start the meds a couple days after that, however he is going to have to go off the Hypertonic Saline tomorrow so that it will be all out of his system by the start of the new med. The problem that I'm having is that Seth has been fighting a cold or maybe even a sinus infection (which he always gets at the change of season). So I'm not only nervous about having him off something for two weeks until we get the new med I'm also nervous about him getting the placebo and going without a med of that type all together. And I know that if at anytime we think this isn't working out we can get out of the trial, I also know my sons immune system and once he is officially sick it is so hard to get him back to health again. Oral antibiotics just seem to do nothing for him, for example he was on two for over three weeks trying to get rid of his current congestion with no sign of them helping. Not to mention he is in his big boy school now (kindergarden at central) and he is around new people and new germs, plus the amount of school he will miss if he worsens because I made a bad decision. So if there are any nervous, over pretective moms out there with advise please SHARE!

No comments: