May 5, 2008

LIFT OUR VOICES!!!

So I am on my soap box today and I am hoping you all will join me. I have recently learned through a cff web cast that ANY exposure to smoke will lower their lung capacity 10%. I started thinking of how few resturants in town offer no-smoking dining and I was disgusted to see how many places my son was not going to be allowed to go to including the local bowling alley! So I have written an e-mail to my congressman telling him I want indoor smoking outlawed in North Carolina! If New York can ban it so can we! Our local congressman's name is G.K. Butterfeild and his e-mail is nc01ima.pub@mail.house.gov. So please please please join me in my fight for fresh air!

2 comments:

Our Two Blessings From Above said...

Keep up the good work!
We just had it outlawed in our county here in Minnesota and it is wonderful! Infact I think the whole state has joined us now. I will pray that all the emails will get this ban to go through in the state of NC!

fuzzandfuzzlet said...

I live in WA state and they banned indoor smoking ( in public places) a few years ago.

My dd has asthma, with smoke being one of her major triggers. Oh the places we can go now that smoking is banned.

Oh the places DH and I will go even when we are kid free. It is nice to go where the food is good and not have to worry about second hand smoke.