Sep 16, 2008

Great Strideswalk was a huge success!

This year was Elizabeth City's first ever Cystic Fibrosis Great Strides walk event and it was a huge success! What started out as a few family's wanting to help our babies turned into about 70 walkers and over $31,000 raised!!!!!!! I could not be more proud of the woman I worked with and of the overwhelming amount of support our little town gave us. Montero's brought out an amazing breakfast and Little Ceasers gave 15 pizza's for lunch, and I could not begin to rattle off the many companies and people who generously donated their time and money to this cause. There are no words to express my gratitude, this money goes toward finding a cure to save my son's life. Thank you to everyone who had any part in our success. I can't wait to see what we can do next year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Job on your walk! I hope Seth is doing well right now! Zoe is still doing i.v.'s, 3 weeks now...ugghh. Amazing how much our stories are similiar, Seth, Reilly and Zoe's. Hang in there!
Take care,
Jada
ZoeforLife